So my daughter has chickenpox. This is an enlightening experience because I have never actually had chickenpox myself. And no, I don’t have it just now, either. Maybe I’ll catch it from her and it will present itself in a week or two, but right now the only thing I am suffering with is a super infected finger – ouch!
Because of this, I haven’t left the house in a few days, nor making myself presentable because I’ve spent most of my time looking after her (and going on a SIMS4 binge!), so unfortunately, I haven’t had any new looks to present you with. So, for today, I thought I’d do a wishlist, which I don’t think I’ve done since my birthday last year!
When it comes to finding clothes, being plus size can be difficult. It’s not always a case of popping into town and grabbing something. It can be an arduous task to trawl round finding a) things that fit you, b) things you can afford, and c) things you actually like. This isn’t a problem for most people, but when you’re fat, this is the holy grail. And this is a reason I like Asos so much.
Like I said in a previous post, I can’t afford to buy many clothes, but the ones I do get tend to be from online stores like Asos. And the ones I can’t afford go into the handy wishlist, where I sit staring and lusting after the pretties until I can afford them, or they no longer become available and disappear from the site.
So in this vein, here are some of my fave pieces on Asos Curve at the minute:
- Asos Curve Mini Rara Skirt – £28
- Asos Curve Maxi Skirt in Palm Print – £32
- Asos Curve Midi Skirt with Asymmetric Poppers – £20
- Asos Curve Halterneck Sundress in Gingham – £30
- Asos Curve Asymmetric Cami Top in Mixed Floral – £28
- Asos Curve Smock Top in Tiers in Gingham – £30
- Asos Curve Maxi Tea Dress with Open Back in Floral – £45
- Asos Curve Embroidered Long Sleeve Shift Dress – £70
- Asos Curve Salon Embroidered Smock Longer Length Midi Dress – £120
- Asos Curve Embroidered Enchanted Midi Shift Dress – £60
- Asos Curve Kimono in Stripe with Embroidered Back – £60
- Lovedrobe Check Culotte Jumpsuit – £55
- Asos Curve T-Shirt with Lace Plunge and Sleeve – £25
- Asos Curve Mesh Scatter Sequin Mini Dress – £75
- Asos Curve Stripe Swing Dress with Ruffle Hem and Tie Front – £35
- New Look Plus Distressed Boyfriend Jeans – £24.99
- New Look Plus Strappy Lace Bralet – £12.99
- Asos Curve the Ultimate Cami with Caging 2 Pack – £14
I’m especially in love with anything mustard yellow at the moment, and I’m trying to pull myself out of my comfort zone with patterns and styles… going against the grain in my attempt to reject the ideal of what is “flattering” to fat bodies, and in fact, get that word out of vocab altogether.
So what are you guys lusting after this summer?
Until next time 😉