I apologise profusely for the terrible pun.
As I spoke about yesterday, I was super excited about some of the new makeup I got and anxious to play about with it, so I did.
Because I had just gotten that lovely lipgloss and my Barry M Get up and Glow kit, it inspired me to do something summery with my makeup, which has got me wishing away the days until my holiday (25!!).
Of the stuff I got, I adore the blush kit, the lipgloss and -I think- the primer. I say I think because I’ve only had it a couple of days, but it applies beautifully and so far I think the couple of looks I’ve used it with have stayed pretty much in place.
The eye illuminizer is a little dark for me, as I already discussed yesterday, but it does blend out well. The powder is a little too dark but useable, which I’m super annoyed at myself about as I should know by now ALWAYS to go with “Fair” instead of “Translucent”.
My search for great waterproof mascara continues! I don’t like this one. I also spoke yesterday about how I didn’t like my current waterproof mascara- this is because it applies too thinly and I can barely get any coverage on my small, blonde lashes. Well, this one is the opposite. The wand is massive and fiddly to use without getting mascara all over your lid. I imagine it would be a nightmare in particular to monolidded eyes. As you can see, I did manage to get it on to a decent standard, but this took 3 coats and my lashes were so clumped I had to brush them through with a spoolie brush several times to separate them. HOWEVER I really am such a bargain hunter that I WILL be taking this on holiday and getting my use out of it, even if I have to buy a disposable spoolie to use with it.
I won’t rave about the Barry M kit again, but it is seriously good for a cheap product. You definitely get your money’s worth.
The lipgloss is lovely and balmy and not sticky, which I usually expect from lipglosses and hence why I never wear them. It will be good to have in my arsenal over the summer.
- Garnier Ultralift Day Cream
- Max Factor Facefinity Primer
- Max Factor Eye Luminizer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation (Vanille Clair)
- Billion Dollar Brow Brow Duo Pencil Highlighter (as concealer)
- No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter (on brow bone and cupid’s bow)
- Max Factor Creme Puff Pressed Powder (Translucent)
- Barry M Get Up & Glow (bronzer as light contour, middle two blushes, highlight on cheeks)
- Makeup Revolution MakeUp Geek Palette (the shimmery orange colour on top lid, and gold-orange to the left of it on bottom lid, 3rd from left on top row on inner corners)
- Urban Decay Shadow Box (Bordello blended into crease)
- Max Factor Voluptuous False Lash Effect